If you’ve been hanging around here for awhile, you’ve probably heard me talk about my new fascination with all things all-natural. After a rude (skin) awakening this summer, I’ve been on a mission to pay closer attention to what I’m putting on my skin.
I previously wrote about my favorite all-natural skincare products and hopefully you got inspired to look through your bathroom cabinet black holes and do a little cleaning. Not only have I adapted my skincare routine, but I’ve also overhauled my makeup regimen. Most of you can probably guess how “dirty” many mainstream make-up brands are – I mean, I was a die-hard Bobbi Brown fan (um her tinted moisturizer? heaven) but I’ve since stashed all these products to the back of my closet while I experiment with good-for-you products.
So today, I’m finally letting you in on a little secret – you CAN wear all-natural makeup that DOES actually work.
I mentioned this brand a few months ago and was pretty sure it was love at first sight. I’ve since expanded my collection of W3LL PEOPLE products and had plenty of time to give them a true test drive.
So let’s walk through my daily makeup application so you can get a feel for how all these products work together. Also, side note, I’ve never used mineral makeup before and didn’t own a single loose powder so this process was entirely new to me. I’m happy to say, I’m a convert!
So here’s my routine:
- After cleansing and moisturizing, I apply the Altruist Mineral Foundation in 11 (Fair Pink). I just tap a little into the lid, press it into the kabuki brush, and sweep all over, focusing on the areas that need a little more coverage.
- Dot Narcissist Stick Foundation in 1 (Fair Pink) under eyes, on eye lids, and anywhere that needs a little extra coverage.
- Using either the Realist Mineral Setting Powder in 21 or the Bio Brightener Powder, I’ll set everything focusing on areas where I applied the foundations stick. Both of these setting powders work great and it really just depends on my mood which one I reach for.
- Sweep bronzer over cheek bones and temples (a key area!) and along jawline. Blend, blend, blend. Bonus: this bronzer also doubles as a really pretty eye shadow so if I’m feeling fancy, I’ll sweep a little on my lids (corners mostly).
- Apply “blush of the moment” to apples of cheeks, blending toward ears. (I’m not currently using a WP blush mostly because I’m obsessed with the staying power of the Tarte blushes and they are OK on the chemical spectrum.)
- Line lash line with “liner of the moment” focusing on the upper waterline and smudging up a little.
- Use the Bio Brightener Stick to apply a little glow to the bridge of my nose and the upper part of my cheekbones and sometime my inner eyes. This stuff is magic – I instantly look more awake.
- Finish everything off with a swipe of their tar-free mascara.
For some, this may seem like a lot of steps but I really enjoy the process of “getting ready” and I can get this all done in about 10 minutes. The other thing I will say, too, is that I didn’t throw away my “other” makeup because 1) I paid money for that stuff and didn’t want to waste it, and 2) I wasn’t sure if I was going to love this new stuff so I wanted to have it on back up. However, I haven’t dug into that bag once in the last few months so I think that’s saying something!
Do you have any natural makeup products that you love? I love discovering your favorites!