1. After what felt like the LONGEST week (even though it was a 4 day week), C and I escaped Dallas and spent the weekend celebrating his 30th birthday in Fredericksburg, TX. We got hooked up in this little cottage at the Hoffman Haus and it was so perfect. We spent the weekend tasting wine and hiking.
2. I made cake for C on Monday so that he could eat it all week long. It was also a nice sweet treat to come home to.
3. We are SO excited to have C’s high school BFF (and our wedding photographer) in town with her husband and son this weekend. We have plans to visit the Perot Museum, the Zoo, the new Klyde Warren Park, the lake and more. We’re also having some engagement pictures taken!
4. I’m the proud new owner of some LEGIT cowboy(girl?) boots. After holding off for so long and trying to get by in some lame Steve Madden boots, I finally bit the bullet and made the purchase. So excited for these! They will hopefully make an appearance in the engagement pictures!
5. This 15k is like 2 weeks away and I’ve definitely been slacking on my training. I’m trying to remember that this race is just for fun and to just enjoy it. 9 miles isn’t that much right……?
6. I’m not that skilled at doing my own hair or make-up so I’m indulging for our pictures by heading to The Dry Bar and the new make-up place, Blushington. Hopefully, they’ll get me picture-ready!
7. Love that the mail is full of birthday coupons now that February is right around the corner. This 15% off Anthropologie coupon is just begging to be used on some adorable new dresses.
8. This Sunday should prove to be really exciting because I’ll be hosting a house full of Ravens fans! I’m planning on making purple cupcakes and tons of fun Super Bowl treats for our mini watching party. It’ll be so fun to really have a team to root for.