1. How did Monday get here so quickly? Ugh.
2. I may or may not have had a meltdown on Sunday during my ride with my triathlon team. My goal is to get faster but I’m not sure I have the pain tolerance for it?! Talk about a 25 mile emotional roller coaster…
3. I REALLY wish I could share the pictures from my “behind the scenes” tour of the tiger exhibit at the Dallas Zoo on Saturday! One of the perks of being a volunteer there is getting rewarded with fun tours and exclusive access. I mean, I was 2 feet from a HUGE tiger with just a chain link fence between us!
4. Pumped for our trip to Connecticut and New York City at the end of November. I’m not going home for Thanksgiving or Christmas so this is a treat! It’ll be so fun to see friends from home and spend some time bundled in scarves and strolling Central Park with Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. I wonder if there will be snow?
|Christmas in NYC – 2011|
5. The rest of the weekend involved some serious grocery shopping and lots of lounging. It was nice to have a weekend with little on the agenda.
6. We made a game time decision to eat at Ken Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen on Saturday night. The food was delish but the prices were less than desirable. However, since C hasn’t been drinking for the past 6 weeks or so (gearing up for his race) it was definitely less expensive than it could have been!
7. It’s here. We’re headed to Austin this weekend for C’s 70.3 Ironman. I’m the world’s proudest sherpa. The weather is supposed to be great and I’m hoping to snap a few pics of the pros.
8. Used a gift card from Earndit to get my first NatureBox subscription! The snacks look legit and I’m excited to try it out! You already know I’m a sucker for monthly subscription boxes like Birchbox.
9. Loved having lunch with some sweet triathlon friends last week. How it makes the day so much more enjoyable!