1. It rained. It basically rained the ENTIRE weekend. Until Sunday afternoon around 4pm, the sun came out and the skies cleared just in time for me to get in 20 miles on the bike. The air was cool and crisp which made for an amazing ride. Andddd I got to wear my new lululemon vest (I have it in Ray).
2. Did I really just post about the weather?
|Why yes, that IS me awkwardly squatting/lunging? on the left hand side trying to get my wetsuit on. I call that perfect technique.|
3. This weekend’s crappy weather didn’t stop us from swimming Saturday morning and testing out some snazzy wetsuits. SO thankful we did this because I’m definitely going to be racing in my wetsuit on Sunday. 74 degree water is a tad chilly.
4. C had a race this weekend – his first olympic distance triathlon (1500m swim, 24 mile bike, 10k run)! Of course, it rained the entire race but he was a trooper and managed to secure 3rd place! His first podium finish! I was beaming – could not be more proud of him. Austin 70.3 here we come!
|Could we be any less photogenic?|
5. These cookies happened this weekend. This might just be my new go-to recipe. It only made 8 GINORMOUS cookies but I think that’s the perfect amount. They are so chewy yet crunchy and taste like heaven. There’s brown butter involved so you know it’s good.
6. Before the weather turned on us, I managed an awesome 5 miler on Friday afternoon in my sexy new compression sleeves. I obviously needed another pair (this time in black) to match other outfits. My success on a run directly correlates to how cute I look. Anyone who tries to deny this is just too embarrassed to admit it.
7. Does anyone else find it ironic that Lorena’s charity on Top Chef Masters is theAlliance for a Healthier Generation and yet she “created” a meal for Taco Bell? Thank goodness she got the boot. She stuck around for way too long. Don’t tell me who wins…we haven’t watched that episode yet.
8. This is the obligatory “I’m excited for Fall” post. But it’s true, I am. I’m planning on making Pumpkin Orzo for dinner tonight and I’ve already made a batch of butternut squash and apple soup. Love me some fall, bring it on Dallas.