1. We had a SUPER intense 4 hour workout this weekend. Stuggle city. But it is amazing to be up and have accomplished so much with your day by 11am! We stopped at Eatzi’s in Grapevine to fill our bellies with chocolate milk and watermelon…the two BEST recovery foods!
2. I want to share something else we did this weekend but I know C will think I’m jumping the gun sooooooo I’ll keep it to myself for now.
3. I have recorded pretty much every Olympic event on our DVR. We spent the majority of the weekend feeling sorry for ourselves as we sat on the couch and watched these super humans race for gold. Now I need to go run like 36 miles to feel better about myself. I mean, come on, some of these people are kids! 14/15 year old kids! With gold medals….anddddd I can barely run 3 miles.
4. I signed up for my “A” race – the Toyota US Open Sprint Triathlon on Oct 7th! It’s an 800 meter swim, 25k bike and 5k run. I’ve heard it’s a really fun race so I’m excited to end the season with it!
5. I’m also about to sign up for the Dallas 1/2 Marathon. I’m pretty sure I’ve lost my mind.
6. I’m still very serious about this baking business. I think it would be a fun thing on the side and come on people…I KNOW you would pay me to make you sweet treats. If you’re interested, let’s chat.
7. The Olympic Opening Ceremonies TOTALLY reminded me of the Hunger Games and now that’s all I can think about. Archery? They might as well be hunting each other for that gold medal…
8. How cute is my friend’s baby with the “mustachifier” I sent him. Mais oui!