1. The holiday weekend was filled with lots of lazy mornings and even lazier nights. It. was. perfect. Although worthless.
2. Saturday’s club workout was rough but it feels pretty amazing to climb those hills on my bike over and over again.
3. After the insane workout, we got together with some other triathlete friends for burgers and beer. It was the perfect way to spend our lazy saturday.
4. Sunday we work up sore and slightly hungover. I hit the kitchen making some amazing chocolate coconut milk ice cream for a dairy-free BBQ we were attending later that night. It turned out amazing (albeit the next day…so we settled for store-bought for the party). You NEED to try making ice cream with coconut milk!
Chocolate Coconut Sorbet
adapted from The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, and Sweet Accompaniments by David Lebovitz
Makes about 1 quart
- 1 C water
- 1 C sugar
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 C unsweetened Thai coconut milk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- Heat the water, sugar and until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat. Add the chopped chocolate to the syrup and whisk until the chocolate has completely melted. Stir in the coconut milk and vanilla. Taste for salt.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Pour into a clean airtight container place in your freezer to firm up.
5. I made these bars again as well and didn’t burn them this time. Perfection.
6. The Monday holiday was lazy again and we didn’t do much besides workout, watch TV and make dinner. We made this delicious Chicken Tikka Masala from The Feed Zone Cookbook. It will definitely become a new household staple for us. And if you’re an athlete, you should definitely check out this cookbook!
7. We devoured this meal while gawking at Joan’s choices on Mad Men. Definitely the best episode of the season. Things are getting crazy!
8. Life is better…So You Think You Can Dance has started and I already have a favorite.
9. How is it Thursday already? We should definitely always start the week on Tuesday…
10. We had the CRAZIEST storm yesterday involving serious lightening, sunny skies, hail and torrential downpours. Oh Texas…