We’re still committed to eating in for the month of march and choosing new recipes to try has been fun! I have lots of recipes stocked up.
I started my new job on Monday so we made this meal that night (and had a bottle of cab) to celebrate. It turned out really great and was even better the next day, cold, straight from the fridge for lunch! Go figure, I ate leftovers!
Spicy Peanut Sesame Noodles
adapted from this recipe
- 3/4 lb dried linguine fini or spaghetti
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup shelled, cooked edamame beans
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger (I didn’t have any so I used 1 tablespoon ground ginger)
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes (I used asian sriracha sauce, add to taste)
Make dressing: Purée dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth, about 1 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain in a colander.
Add pasta, broccoli, edamame, carrots, peanuts and sesame seeds to dressing, tossing to combine, and serve immediately. Could always add some grilled chicken.