As promised, here are the essentials in my make-up bag. This is the stuff I put on every morning for work. Just like with my face care routine, it’s taken me a VERY long time to commit to a make-up routine as well. I’m always trying new products and refuse to stick to anything. But I think I’ve finally narrowed it down to my all-time favorites.
|Ignore the orange lens part…|
- Bobbi Brown’s tinted moisturizer (dare I say it) rivals the infamous Laura Mercier one. I know some of you reading this might disagree but the BB one works great for me and I’m just not willing to mess with near perfection. It’s the right amount of coverage and moisture without being greasy by the end of the day. On the weekends, I just wear this tinted moisturizer and nothing else. (I wear Extra Light.) – $40
- Bobbi Brown’s Tinted Eye Brightener is basically me “I can look fantastic and well rested even though I slept for only two hours and woke up at 4am with a sore throat and a cough and it was raining outside…” – It does exactly that. A little goes a long way (I probably over use it) and I’m only on my second tube in 5 months. (I wear Light Bisque) – $38
- Clinique’s Touch Base for Eyes is a great base for your favorite eye shadow or great on it’s own. It comes in a variety of skin colored hues with a subtle sheen. I wear it alone and I feel like it really brightens up my eyes and makes them look bigger. (I wear Buff Lighting.) – $14.50
- NARS Bronzer is a classic and perfect for me all year round. I can build up the color in the summer for a tanned glow or sweep it over my temples in the winter so I don’t look like a ghost. The subtle sparkle is just right and it LITERALLY lasts forever. I just bought another palette after having my first one for…18 months? (I wear Laguna) – $33
- NARS Blush is another staple…honestly, who doesn’t own a compact of NARS blush in Orgasm. It’s been all the rage for year and yes, I jumped on the bandwagon. I havemany tons of different blushes but this is my #1. It’s a little bit sparkly, a little bit pink/orange, and a lot-a-bit awesome (yikes, cheesy) – $27
- Bobbi Brown’s Cream Blush is a close second to my NARS blush. I have it in Pale Pink which is a bright, just pinched pink that makes it look like I’ve literally just…well, blushed. I prefer this in the summer because the cream blush stays in place and makes me look less cake-y when I…glisten. I like that I can also wear it on my lips. Who doesn’t love multitasking! – $24
- Bobbi Brown’s Gel Eyeliner is. a. miracle. Because I wear contacts, I have a tendency to touch my eyes a lot and other eye liners would just smudge or wipe off very easily. This liner stays in place perfectly and gives me a clean, crisp line. I love the fun colors it comes in (I’m currently wearing Cobalt) and I like the flexibility of using a liner brush instead of a pencil…which honestly just hurts my eyelids. Also, I feel like I have to buy a new eyeliner pencil every month, whereas this pot of eyeliner will probably last me a year. – $21
Yes, don’t panic, I wear mascara…but I’m currently in limbo with mascaras. I’ve tried a whole bunch from the classic Maybelline to the ever popular Dior mascara…but I’m not sold on anything yet. Readers, do you have any favorites I should try?