I promise you, these are the easiest and most delicious muffins I’ve every had/made. You will love them too mainly because they are so easy and bonus HEALTHY! Thank Picky-Palate for the great recipe!
“Healthier” Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 Tablespoons softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 Cup plain low-fat vanilla yogurt (I happened to have Yoplait Banana Cream Pie yogurt on hand so I just used that)
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- heaping 1/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup coarse sugar (I used Turbinado sugar)
- 1/2 Cup shredded sweetened coconut (I didn’t add this)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter, eggs, bananas, yogurt, sugar and peanut butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine. Place all dry ingredients into a separate large bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips until just combined. Scoop into muffin tins lined with paper cups 2/3 way full. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and shredded coconut. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
This recipe can be found here.